Members of the Revenue Generation and Institutional Savings Task Force were appointed to identify opportunities that will support long-term financial sustainability for UC Davis.
The goal of the task force was to identify efficiencies and revenue generating activities that help address the core fund operating deficit, resulting in at least $50 million in ongoing net revenue and/or savings that can be applied to the campus core mission within 3-7 years.
Task Force Charge
- Identify ideas for how UC Davis can increase net revenue generation or achieve institutional savings. Ideas should be gathered through broad campus outreach as well as research on opportunities or approaches in higher education generally.
- Assist in reviewing and analyzing the ideas gathered in a systematic way to identify the most promising opportunities for the campus to pursue.
- Recommend specific actionable net revenue generating opportunities that are sustainable for ongoing financial impact, can support the core mission, and are compatible with the strategic plan and campus values.
- Recommend ideas that could result in significant savings through efficiencies, changed practices, and/or leveraging all funds to better support our mission.
- If identified, recommend ideas that would result in significant one-time net revenue or savings.
- Identify barriers or challenges to revenue generation or achieving savings, especially those that involve university practices, polices, or structures.
Task Force Report to the Provost (PDF)
June 30, 2023 – Read the task force recommendations to Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Mary Croughan.
Charge Letter to the Task Force (PDF)
May 25, 2022 – Read the task force charge letter from Provost and Executive Vice Chancellor Mary Croughan.
Sarah Mangum, Associate Vice Chancellor, Budget and Institutional Analysis
Ralph Aldredge, Associate Dean, College of Engineering
Ron Amodeo, Chief Strategy Officer, UC Davis Health
Ashwin Aravindakshan, Associate Professor, Graduate School of Management
Lisa Badovinac, Assistant Dean, Betty Irene Moore School of Nursing
David Block, Professor, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Academic Senate Representative
David Cooke, Professor and Chief of General Thoracic Surgery, School of Medicine
Cristina Davis, Associate Vice Chancellor, Office of Research
Jasmine Durias Bonite, Director, Graduate Studies
Denise Ehlen, Associate Vice Chancellor, Office of Research
Heather Hunter, Senior Associate Athletics Director and Senior Woman Administrator, Intercollegiate Athletics
Kaylie Kingston, Management Services Officer, School of Veterinary Medicine
Timothy Lenoir, Professor, College of Letters and Science
Jason Lorgan, Executive Director, Student Affairs
Steven Lucero,TEAM Laboratory Manager, College of Engineering
Sean Lynch, Assistant Dean, Continuing and Professional Education
John Marx, Professor, College of Letters and Science/Aggie Square
Jonna Mazet, Vice Provost, Grand Challenges; Professor, School of Veterinary Medicine
Mary McNally, Executive Assistant Dean, School of Veterinary Medicine
Lee Miller, Professor, College of Biological Sciences
Radhika Prabhu, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Administrative IT, Finance, Operations and Administration
Elissa Roeser, Assistant Dean and Chief of Staff, School of Medicine
Don Roth, Executive Director, Mondavi Center for the Performing Arts
Katheryn Russ, Associate Professor, College of Letters and Science
Jennifer Sang, Executive Assistant Dean, College of Biological Sciences
Danielle Shank, Associate Athletics Director, Intercollegiate Athletics
Amy Skehan, Assistant Vice Chancellor, Development and Alumni Relations
Gail Taylor, Professor, College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
Kate Tweddale, Chief Administrative Officer, College of Letters and Science