The Task Force is dedicated to developing an engaging and transparent process to hear from members of our campus community. During Fall 2020, members of the Task Force participated in the following external events:
- September 8, 2020 - Presentation by UC Davis: Partnerships in Civilian Oversight of University Police - at the 2020 Conference of the National Association for Civilian Oversight of Law Enforcement (NACOLE)
- November 16, 2020 - EAB Webinar: Responding to New Pressures on Campus Safety and Police: Balancing Stakeholder Demands, Student Well-Being, and Security Considerations. [Presentation available here on YouTube]
- February 17, 2021: Winter Public Meeting of the Police Accountability Board (PAB): PAB Schedule
- February 2 and March 24, 2021: University of California Campus Safety Symposium (By invitation from UCOP) Meeting of university administrators, faculty, students, and staff over two days in early 2021 to consider the future of campus safety and policing at the University of California.
- May 19, 2021: Spring Public Meeting of the Police Accountability Board (PAB): PAB Schedule
Racial Justice Speaker Series, UC Davis School of Law
As protests over police brutality and systemic racism have swept the nation, UC Davis School of Law has reaffirmed its longtime commitment to racial justice. Throughout 2020-21, the law school will offer a Racial Justice Speaker Series examining some of the most urgent issues facing our nation and world today. The series has gathered leading voices on civil rights, criminal justice, and civic and governmental responsibility. The goals are to inform, enlighten, and - most important - engage in meaningful conversation with our King Hall community and the larger public. Click here to see the full list of events for the Winter and Spring Quarters.